Ransomware is still making headlines these days. Variant improved versions are still looking for its victims.
Btw, ransomware is a type of malware that prevents users from accessing their system or personal files and demands ransom payment in order to regain access. Quick tips to avoid from become a victim of ransomware :
1. Backup Your Systems, Locally & In the Cloud
2. Install Anti Malware or Ransomware software
3. Constantly Apply Software and OS patches
4. Run Frequent Scheduled Security Scans
5. Create Restore and Recovery Points
6. Think Before Clicking any email
7. Set Up View-able File Extensions
8. Block Unknown Email Addresses and Attachments on Your Mail Server
9. Block Vulnerable Plug-Ins
10. Constantly Train & Educate your Employees
There’s no 100% way to prevent ransomware, but every step you take that gets you closer to being unaffected is a good step to take.